Did You Know?
Good environmental education makes a tremendous impact on the developmental
and intellectual growth of every child, even those considered "at risk." Specific benefits of environmental education include:
- While often perceived as an "add on," many schools and educators
have come to recognize EE programming as a reliable way to boost standardized
testing - often dramatically.
- EE has also been shown to help level the "learning field" across
- Effective environmental education has been clearly shown to spark interest
and higher performance in science
- The enthusiasm students feel for the environment and natural world and its
relevance to their lives makes EE a remarkable tool for reading
proficiency and learning skill.
- Studies of EE program impacts reveal positive effects on children's character
education and responsible behavior.
- Environmental education offers schools and others many opportunities to
enhance the diversity
of society and education.